Thursday, December 12, 2013

Reasoning of the law

The lawyer I talked provided and in depth of information and answers for my questions. We talked about the differences in torts and crimes for where I was heading. "Because tort law is so broad, it takes a while to understand its boundaries." pg. 77 
My lawyer went into depth about his answers when I asked him the ones dealing with copyright. The lawyer answered my question on the important issue dealing with intellectual property he answered The first big issue is who owns the content. The question of ownership is very technical. It is almost like a complicated jigsaw puzzle. There are copyrights, trademarks, licenses, and all sorts of things that you need to consider first to make sure that you’re nice and safe. He meant that there was a lot to go through for my work to be protected and dealing with ownership. "A working knowledge of these issues can help everyone from business executive to citizen alike." pg. 103 
The lawyer had quite some answers and went to my questions in a certain approach. When it came to the question about infringement  he answered even if you run a blog site and someone uploads copyrighted material to it and you haven’t made certain filings with the U.S. Copyright Office for safe harbor, you’re in trouble. What he means is that I need to do certain filing and I can get in trouble regardless if it is not mine and I admit it but the fact with someone else's work on my blog can get torn down and pay a huge fine. It will make things for you better if you did know that you are liable for innocent infringement. It would worse if you did not know because that can land someone in a whole lot of trouble. 
  "Fraud refers to various crimes, all of which have a common element: the deception of another person for the purpose of obtaining money or property from him" pg. 114  
Fraud is what I would like to avoid next to copyright issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment